The first step, when you start to feel those butterflies or start to find a person attractive, is what usually causes the most fear. That first approach, the first word, the first contact… Imagine what they will think, the fear of ridicule, of going blank and not being able to articulate a word… Infinity of possibilities can occur, but until the moment of carrying it out, they remain just that, possibilities.
Step by step
First the interest has to emerge and then define what you want to achieve in the relationship. It can be erotic and casual encounters with a friend with benefits trying to imitate what you get when you book an independent escort from Glasgow. But you can also look for something more serious and lasting.
Once that is clear, you have to analyse the place and the situation in which those involved find themselves. A person you meet on your way to work, at the disco or bar when you have gone out with friends, at the gym, etc.
Because there are different ways of approaching and getting that first contact. But above all that longed-for “yes” to the question of whether you would like to go out together.
Once the first step has been taken, and although it may seem the most difficult, there is another one, what to do on the date? It’s not easy to guess what the other person might like, for example you can enjoy being romantic without being too daring but the other person could not enjoy it as much.
If you are an escort or a friend with benefits, it is easy. A meal and a room in a motel or private flat is usually the standar. But if you want something more than that and a more complete experience and relationship, there are many possibilities. Cinema, dinner in a nice restaurant, a walk to the city centre or in a park, bowling, arcades and a long etcetera.
Experts say that most women prefer a good dinner and a walk with beautiful views for a first date. It allows for romantic details, a chat to get to know each other… It is perfect for an approach.
Tips for a perfect date
There are always certain expectations surrounding that first date. Does it have to end with the first kiss? Does the man have to pay?
The best thing to do is to forget all those “should” or “would” and concentrate on what really matters, enjoying each other’s company. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t a number of tips to get you on the right track.
- Naturality: You don’t have to pretend to be something you don’t know because in the end you always end up discovering it. And the grace is to please others as they are and not because of something they imagine.
- Dress well but comfortably: You have to be elegant and sexy, yes. But also minimally comfortable. You can’t go on a date without being able to breathe as much because you squeezed into your dress to look thinner or with heels so thin and uncomfortable that they don’t even allow you to walk. Or with a suit that goes too tight and does not even allow you to move because at the smallest movement it could break. In addition, being comfortable helps you feel calm and secure so that you can focus on getting to know the other person better and enjoy yourself.
- Interesting talk: Here are several points to remember. The first is that this is a talk, not a monologue. After all it is about getting to know each other better, so getting interested and asking the other person some questions is fine. But be careful with the type and amount of questions you ask, lest you feel overwhelmed or embarrassed. It has to be interesting and enjoyable, and can be interspersed with some information or experience of your own so that it is balanced.
- Smile and maintain eye contact: It is not only with words that one can show interest, looking into the eyes or smiling are good examples. They also help to make the atmosphere of the meeting relaxed and good.
- Beware of drinking: Alcohol can be good to a certain extent because it is disinhibiting and can be an aphrodisiac, but too much can be catastrophic on a date. If you don’t want to lose control of what you say and do, it’s best not to drink too much during the appointment or beforehand.
- Relax and enjoy: Some nerves are natural in this type of encounter but you must know how to control them and try to project an image of security towards the other person. Try not to overthink things and let yourself go a little so that you can enjoy the date as well.
How many times have you asked yourself the question of what a perfect date would look like? The truth is that just as no two people are the same, no two answers are the same. Everyone imagines their ideal date with one person in one way. We don’t all enjoy the same thing or have the same hobbies.
That is why it is important to take into account what you know about who you are going to have the date with and if you have doubts, ask: “What would you think if…?” or “Would you like to…? In the end the connection, if it has to happen, it will, so why not enjoy in the meantime?