Some facts are fun and interesting, but the following list of unfun facts is anything but entertaining.
1. Your brain blocks you from feeling your organs moving around inside you.
2. When you’re burning, the first thing that starts to melt is your eyes.
3. In some regions of Australia, 90 percent of koalas have chlamydia, which poses a threat to the species’ extinction unless a vaccine is created or widespread koala culling takes place.
4. Washington Square Park in New York is essentially a graveyard, with an estimated 20,000 bodies buried below the surface; many were yellow fever victims, wrapped in yellow sheets and buried by the poorest residents. When the foundation for the famous arch was dug, a number of these were exposed.
5. If you are an identical twin it is possible that you and your siblings’ identities were swapped and your parents never caught it.
6. In the books, Stuart Little was never explicitly called a mouse. He’s pretty much described as a deformed mouse-esque person born from human parents.
7. The oldest person alive was born with an entirely different set of humans on the planet.
8. The TSA missed 96% of contraband during an inspection in 2015.
9. Wasps survive without a head for 12 hours. I found that out when a wasp ended up beheaded in my living room and still came at me for the kill. It was terrifying.
10. Crows are currently in their own Stone Age. They’ve been seen making very articulate tools.
11. Only one in a thousand sea turtles born actually make it to adulthood.
12. Alzheimer’s disease can cause you to pass away since your brain will no longer be able to chew, swallow, breathe, etc.
13. 50% of Americans diagnosed with cancer will lose their life savings.
14. There’s a bird that feeds its younger offspring to the eldest.
15. Deaf schizophrenics don’t hear voices, they see hands or lips as mental images that tell them what to do.
16. Vending machines kill more people than sharks do.
17. Malaria is the #1 cause of human death of all time.
18. Your body can randomly decide to become allergic to just about everything edible at any time.
19. When you’re four months pregnant, the baby starts to pee inside you.
20. Antarctica smells like penguin poop. Antarctica is a desert, it is too cold for bacteria to live. Nothing there to clean up penguin droppings. If you are close enough to see penguins, you will also smell them.