Each year, US News & World Report ranks the top vacation destinations across the world with its “Best Vacation Destinations”, and here is their list for 2019.
30. Italy’s famous Amalfi Coast is home to crystal-clear waters, beautiful beaches, and stunning cliffs.
29. Trips to Costa Rica are often split between adventure activities in the rainforest and relaxation on the beach. Visitors can enjoy zip-lining, canyoneering, and surfing all in one trip.
28. You can go snorkeling and scuba diving, and explore marine life at the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia.
27. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is a mountainous city with stunning beaches and exciting nightlife.
26. Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic, is a cultural hub with popular tourist attractions like the Charles Bridge, the Lennon Wall, Old Town Square, and Prague Castle.
25. A mountainous island located in the Caribbean sea, St. Lucia is a popular destination for beach dwellers and scuba divers.
24. Santorini, Greece, is famous for its blue-topped buildings and stunning views of the surrounding Aegean Sea.
23. The British Virgin Islands boast premier boating, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
22. Glaciers, mountains, and icy rivers cover the gorgeous terrain of Patagonia in Argentina.
21. Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada, is home to stunning blue lakes like the famous Lake Louise that reflects the snow-capped Canadian Rockies.
20. Visitors to Yellowstone National Park can take in some of the world’s most famous geysers, like Old Faithful and Grand Prismatic Spring.
19. Florence, the capital of Tuscany, Italy, is full of Renaissance art and architecture.
18. San Francisco, California, is home to Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and the Painted Ladies.
17. As the capital of the Netherlands, Amsterdam is one of the most popular cities to visit in Europe. Travelers can explore more than 165 canals, the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, and Red Light District.
16. Located off the southern coast of India, the Maldives is a stunning collection of islands clustered around coral reefs.
15. Visitors to Sydney, Australia’s largest city, can climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, watch a show at the Sydney Opera House, and chill out at Bondi Beach.
14. Machu Picchu is a lost ancient Incan city located 7,972 feet above sea level in Peru’s Andes Mountains.
13. Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is a luxurious destination known for its modernity and architectural innovation.
12. From museums and skyscrapers galore to the quiet serenity of Central Park, New York City has five boroughs worth of activities to partake in and sites to see.
11. The seaside city of Barcelona, Spain, is the capital of Catalonia and home to famous sites like Park Güell and the Sagrada Familia.
10. Yosemite National Park in California is known for its stunning cliffs, flowing waterfalls, and Giant sequoia trees.
9. The Grand Canyon is up to 18 miles wide and a mile deep, according to the National Park Service.
8. Phuket, Thailand, has a number of gorgeous beaches along its western shores. Travelers can enjoy luxury resorts, restaurants, and spas on the mountainous island.
7. Located in French Polynesia in the South Pacific Ocean, Bora Bora is another luxurious beach destination.
6. Maui is home to Hawaii’s highest peak and some of its most stunning beaches.
5. Tourists visiting London often make sure they see Big Ben, the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, and Buckingham Palace.
4. Another dreamy island in French Polynesia, Tahiti is known for its black-sand beaches and pristine waters.
3. As Italy’s capital city, Rome strikes an idyllic balance between historical landmarks and modern offerings. You can can explore ruins from the Roman Empire, Vatican City, and Trevi Fountain.
2. South Island, New Zealand, boasts breathtaking scenery consisting of mountains, lakes, and glaciers.
1. Great food, rich culture, and attractions like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre Museum, and Champs-Élysées are just some of the reasons why Paris took the top spot on US News & World Report’s list.